Imago Dei’s vision is that we desire to see lives changed by the gospel and one essential way to pursue this vision is to equip and send out leaders to the ends of the earth with the only message that saves (which is the E in our PEACE Plan). Imago Dei wants to steward well her responsibility to equip and commission people for future ministry roles like: Church Planting, International Missions, and more. In order to do this effectively and biblically we will need to observe our Covenant Members to determine whether they are qualified and called to these roles and then equip them for their mission. Equip will be an avenue by which the Elders get to know and begin equipping these future leaders for roles that will take the gospel all over the world. Equip will consist of monthly training meetings and discussions on a variety of topics. Some from Equip will be asked to be a part of IDC’s Aspire program (a 2-yr internship for those that IDC seeks to send out as Church Planters).
Goal: To get to know and equip men and women in our congregation who desire future vocational ministry roles
When: Saturday May 19th will be our first Equip Meeting from 9am to 11am. After this first preview, Equip will run on Saturdays once a month (9-11am) beginning in August.
Where: Imago Dei Church Building
Who Should Be There:
- Any IDC Men who desire to eventually be in our Aspire Program (Aspire equips our future church planters)
- Any IDC Members who desire to serve as missionaries in international contexts (especially those desiring to go through the IMB)
- Any IDC Memeber who might eventually desire to go out with a church planting team or other avenues of ministry
- Any IDC Members who hope to be Growth Group Leaders
- The Gospel
- Gospel Appropriation
- Ministry of the Word
- Primacy of the Local Church
- Administration of the Church
- Mission and Missiology
- Pastoral Ministry – Shepherding the Flock