“Learn to do good;
Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless,
Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow.”
Great things are happening in the life of Imago Dei! As we approach the celebration of our first year as a church, we are excited to see the amazing things God has done, is doing, and is preparing us for in the future. IDC has put together a Community Justice Assessment (CJA) team that is currently doing research assessing the needs in our immediate area regarding human injustice.
Some of the goals of the CJA team:
• Understand the immediate needs in Raleigh (and surrounding areas)
regarding human trafficking and violent oppression
• Develop relationships/partnerships with organizations and local officials
that are actively involved in fighting injustice in our area
• Determine the best ways IDC can immediately get involved
Here are some ways you can get involved right now:
1. Pray – Pray for the CJA team through the research phase for wisdom, discernment, compassion, a heart for justice, and the desire to uphold the gospel. Pray for the victims of this violent oppression and their perpetrators. Pray for the organizations that are actively seeking to end injustice and promote the gospel. Pray that the Lord would begin to stir your heart in a way that you can serve in this ministry of justice.
2. One of the organizations IDC endorses and hopes to continue to partner with is the International Justice Mission. IJM currently has a summer campaign called the Freedom Challenge and you are encouraged to participate in the challenge to join the Recipe for Change: Campaign for Slave-Free Tomatoes. There’s an ongoing issue of forced labor in tomato fields in Florida, and the Recipe for Change challenge calls for those who are willing to send a message to major U.S. supermarkets asking them to join the Fair Food Program and put an end to slavery in tomato fields in Florida. It may seem like a small step, but it’s a great stride in the fight against injustice. Visit IJM’s website to learn more about the Freedom Challenge.