Over the summer we like to read a book together as a church body in our Growth Groups. Last summer we chose Bonheoffer’s Life Together and this summer we have chosen Whitney’s Spiritual Disciplines. We are looking forward to as a church family thinking through scripture reading, prayer, fasting, evangelism, and more together. It is our desire that this will make grow in our affections for Christ and grow as missionaries to the city who are zealous disciple makers.
We hope to start with Chapter 1 the week of June 23rd and do this for ten weeks together, basically taking a chapter a week. Here is our nine week suggested breakdown (but as always we will leave some of this up to the discretion of the GG leader for how quickly to take each chapter on) –
- June 23rd – Chapter 1: The Spiritual Disciplines
- June 30th – Chapter 2 and 3: Bible Intake
- July 7th – Chapter 4 and Chapter 9: Prayer and Fasting
- July 14th – Chapter 5: Worship
- July 21st – Chapter 6: Evangelism
- July 28th – Chapter 7: Serving
- August 4th – Chapter 8: Stewardship
- August 11th – Chapter 10: Silence and Solitude
- August 18th – Chapter 13: Perseverance in the Disciplines
Please get yours from your Growth Group Leader or pick up a copy in the Elder’s office at our building – one per couple or single adult.