Imago Dei seeks to be a 2 Timothy 2:2 church. We have laid this out in the final part of our P.E.A.C.E. Plan (Equip Leaders). It is our desire to equip Church Planters, Missionaries, and Pastors who will go into existing churches. We believe, especially with our proximity to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, that we are uniquely positioned to steward this responsibility well. This will be a major focus of our church so we are going to jump in with both feet immediately.
Starting in September we will begin our ASPIRE equipping program with at least five men initially. Below is a breakdown of this 2-year training process, though since this is our first run the process will probably morph in the coming years. Aspire interns will be chosen by the IDC Elders from among our covenant member men.
The Two-Year Break Down of Aspire:
The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task
1 Timothy 3:1
– Year One, Semester One – The Gospel in the Local Church and Pastoral Ministry
- Goal: Equip our interns to apply the Gospel to everyday life and shepherd as Elders in a local church context
– Year One, Semester Two – Ministry of the Word and Administration/Education in the Local Church
- Goal: Equip our interns to counsel by the Word and Preach as true expositors. Equip our Students to rightly order the church
– Year Two, Semester One – Christian Mission and Local Church as Community
- Goal: Equip our interns to be Missionaries and train others to be Missionaries. Equip our interns to understand and live out the importance of Biblical Community and how to foster that among the people they will shepherd
– Year Two, Semester Two – Contextualization and Theology
- Goal: Equip our interns to know well the context they will serve in and how to take the unchanging truths of God into that context
For questions about this program please email us at email@example.com